After more than six months of consultation with community, research, and policy experts on research priorities, SHAWNA officially launched in mid-2015.
- close to 300 women living with HIV (trans-inclusive) have enrolled
- more than 640 interviews (two to four per person) have been completed by community/peer research associates, with a clinical visit facilitated by a sexual health research nurse to support education, support, referral, and linkage to care
- over 60 in-depth, qualitative interviews have been completed by peer research associates
- we have held 2 photovoice series co-facilitated by peer research associates with our Positive Women’s Advisory Board (hosted at Positive Women’s Network) and the Afro-Canadian Positive Women’s Network of BC
- peer research associates and sexual health nurses have done outreach to over 300 spaces across Metro Vancouver
Read more here!